I was feeling grouchy today, so I thought it was time for another list of happy-making things.
- Spontaneous hugs from my teenage son.
- Being assigned a new piano piece by my teacher.
- Fried chicken.
- Flower/seed catalogs in winter.
- Sourdough bread.
- Unexpected phone calls from friends.
- Pretty stamps.
- Dark chocolate-covered cherries from Godiva.
- Clean sheets.
- My friend Cynthia’s hard candy that she makes at Christmas.
- Forced bulbs indoors in winter.
- Blooming redbud trees.
- Throwing sticks for my ridiculous dog.
- Matching all the socks in a load of laundry.
- Writing The End.
- Blonde bobby pins.
- Videos of panda bears.
- Going to the art museum.
- Wearing jeans that fit.
- Having extra printer cartridges when I run out.
- The little fan on the treadmill.
- Remembering to take my reusable bags in the store.
- When the one cashier at the grocery tells me to have a beautiful day.
- The people who work at my tiny local post office.
- Rain boots.
- Working on a needlepoint project.
- Having filled the bird feeders.
- Downy woodpeckers.
- Reading a book in a single day.
- Unexpected invitations.
- Dog snores.
- Baby sneezes.
- Comfy shoes.
- The smell of hairspray.
- Seeing my hometown skyline from across the river.
- Having written.
- My pizza stone.
- Walking tours of places I’ve never been.
- Going a whole week without seeing a spider in the house.
- Cream cheese on rye bread.
- Road trips, short or long.
- Stained glass windows.
- Watching the Kentucky Derby.
- The feel of my husband’s freshly-shaved head.
- Wooden matches.
- Long, Thanksgiving Day walks.
- Watching the sunset on the beach.
- Chiming pendulum clocks.
- A wedding ring tan line.
- Bursting cattails.
What’s making you happy right now?
February 23rd Words
Journal: 125 words
Long fiction: (Edited 3 chapters)
Short fiction: 0
Non-fiction: 0 words
Blogging: 280 words
Exercise: 1 hour exercise bike