- I wake up to find the dishwasher is already unloaded.
- All my clothes clean at once.
- Honey in my tea.
- My mechanical pencil runs out of lead, but there’s another one in the chamber.
- When someone else changes the toilet paper roll.
- My keys are already in my purse when I’m about to run out the door.
- Cheese and crackers.
- Sweeping my front porch.
- Realizing that I downloaded all the pics from my camera card and remembered to put the card back in my camera.
- Cloth napkins folded into interesting shapes.
- Sylvie the cat jumping up on my desk to give me head boomps.
- I’m sure I’ve run out of checks, but find one in the middle of the last book that I skipped.
- Free sample sizes of lotion, soap, etc. when I buy my cleanser/lotions at L’Occitane.
- Watching birds at the feeders.
- Milk in my decaf coffee.
- Hard-boiled eggs that peel easily.
- Tiny powdered-sugar doughnuts.
- Paying with exact change.
- The first day in spring when it’s warm enough to wear shoes without socks again.
- Candles at dinner, even on a weeknight.
- Having someone open a door for me.
- Opening a door for someone.
- Remembering that the clock in the bathroom is four minutes fast, so I don’t have to rush getting dressed like I thought I did.
- When my dogs greet me like I’ve been gone for years even if I’ve just been to the post office.
- Cold water to drink.
- A new toothbrush.
- A fresh notebook.
- A square of dark chocolate.
- Playing the piano.
- Opening a new book that no one has read before.
- Taking the dogs out at night and finding the sky is clear and full of stars.
- Warmed plates on which to serve dinner
- Receiving a personal card or note in the mail.
- Stamps with birds on them.
- Souvenir linen dish towels.
- Doing a puzzle with my grown-up kids.
- Polishing silver.
- Having vacuumed.
- Checking off an item on my to-do list.
- A refrigerator full of food.
- Skee ball.
- Zesting a lemon.
- Getting all the loose tea into the tea ball so none leaks out into my cup.
- New erasers.
- Cold ginger ale when I’m sick.
- Feather pillows.
- When people call me on my birthday and sing to me.
- Making a bouquet from my garden flowers.
- Fan mail.
- A wren building a nest in a flower pot on my potting bench.
- This photo of my kids.
I hope you’ll make your own list, and share a couple with us in the comments.
January 26th Words
Journal: 0 words
Long fiction: 0 words
Short fiction: 0
Non-fiction: 0 words
Blogging: 400 words
Exercise: Does looking into finding a new gym count?